Thursday 8 January 2015

Mary Poppins Syndrome

I have a disease called "Mary Poppins Syndrome."  Sadly it does not mean I break out into glorious song with robins perched on the window sill.  It also means I cannot fly.  I also do not walk in the park with puffy sleeves.  No this syndrome means I have grandiose delusions that I am a House Keeping Goddess.

I think that I can get ten things done, like Marvelous Mary with a snap of my fingers.  I believe that I can accomplish numerous household tasks in a limited amount of time.  This syndrome impacts my marriage.  Particularly when I think my hubby should be able to accomplish a task with finger snapping speed.  Also it impacts my parenting, when my tasks dwaddle pathetically I steal kiddo time and dump it into house tasks. 

I see this problem and am trying to fight it.  Firstly I am fighting it by breaking into song when I see birds.  Secondly I am fighting by vigorously flapping my arms as I run around the kitchen taking small jumps periodically to see if I have suddenly learned to fly.  And lastly I am seriously thinking about buying a Victorian gown to wear around and about.  Perhaps these healthy doses reminding me I am not Mary Poppins will help me step into the reality that things don't happen with a snap of my fingers.

With that said.....the last two chapters of Matthew are brilliant.  Read them.  They made me weep.  There are no entries about these chapters due to internet and time restrictions.  Again I am no Mary Poppins.  Cheerio for now.

Ta-Ta-Ta

No comments:

Post a Comment